American Industrial Systems (AIS) announced a line of Full IP65/NEMA 4 Rated Weatherproof LCD Computers for wet, dusty, rugged, and humid environments. The systems feature low power consumption, high reliability, long product life cycle and high performance per watt operation. Fanless system options include the Intel Atom Processor, Celeron, and AMD Geode LX-800 Processor. Other options for the weatherproof LCD computers are HMI Touchscreens Capability, Sunlight Readability capability through Transflective enhancements, LED backlit Panels, and custom I/O’s. Prices starting at $1999 MSRP.
Freescale Semiconductor announced a smartbook reference design. The tablet reference design features a 7-inch touch screen with up to four times the viewing area of a typical smartphone and has a form factor that is about one-third the size and volume of a typical netbook. The reference design is based on the Freescale i.MX515 processor with ARM Cortex-A8 technology. It also includes Freescale’s MC13892 power management IC, SGTL5000 audio codec and MMA8450Q 3-axis accelerometer. The smartbook solution is expected to be available for evaluation in February of this year.
I’m giving away a HP TouchSmart 600 PC on my dad blog. The deadline to enter is Wednesday (December 23, 2009 Pacific time). Here are the specs of the HP TouchSmart 600 Computer:
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6500 [2.1GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB] (600t)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6600 [2.2GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB] (600xt)
- 23″ diagonal 1080p Full HD widescreen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 4GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
- 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive (600t)
- 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive (600xt)
- NVIDIA GeForce G200 (600t)
- 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT230M, and game console connections (600xt)
- Slot-load SuperMulti DVD Burner
- Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth
- Internal antennas for 802.11 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 6-in-1 memory card reader, 5 total USB, audio
- Integrated high-performance 2.0 speakers (no external speakers)
- HP low-profile, wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse
- A built-in, adjustable-tilt webcam and mic
- Removable feet for wall mounting (bracket and adapter sold separately)
The AXIOMTEK eBOX620-823-FL embedded computer system supports an industrial temperature range of -20°C to +70°C. The fanless and rugged embedded box PC features the industrial-temperature grade Intel Atom processor Z510PT (1.1 GHz) or Z520PT (1.33 GHz), the Intel System Controller Hub US15W XL, and one 200-pin DIMM socket (supports up to 2GB DDR2 400/533 DRAM). The onboard Intel System Controller Hub US15W XL includes the Intel GMA500 graphics engine which utilizes up to 256 MB frame buffer.
The DuroPC PAN175 is a 17″ Industrial panel PC. It features the Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Q965 chipset, 2 PCI slots, built-in speaker, WLAN module for wireless connectivity, Win XP, and a slim CD drive. The PAN175 industrial grade 17″ SXGA touchscreen LCD Panel computer supports dual 2.5″ or 3.5″ HDDs (up to 1TB). The DuroPC PAN175 offers an anti-corrosive bezel with IP65/NEMA4 rugged protection. It is priced at $1675.