Diamond Systems has released a rugged, low-cost data acquisition PCIe MiniCard module, the DS-MPE-DAQ0804. It is ideal for adding analog I/O and digital I/O features to embedded applications that require light weight, low cost, and/or small size.
The DS-MPE-DAQ0804 offers four 16-bit analog output channels, eight 16-bit analog input channels, and 21 configurable digital I/O lines in a PCI MiniCard form factor. The 16-bit analog outputs offer two programmable output voltage ranges. An integrated precision, low-drift voltage reference ensures a lifetime of accurate performance across the full operating temperature range.
The 21 buffered digital I/O lines feature programmable direction in groups of 4, 6, and 8 bits. The digital I/O lines can also be configured as either 24-bit pulse width modulators or 32-bit counter/timers, driven by the on-board 50 MHz clock.
All I/O signals are provided on two miniature connectors, one for the analog signals and one for the digital signals. The connectors feature positive locking for maximum reliability in high vibration environments.
A built-in waveform generator with 2K sample buffer enables the board to be used in stimulus applications such as sonar, laser light control, and other applications. The DS-MPE-DAQ0804 can also perform in extended operating temperatures of -40°C to +85°C.
Diamond Systems’ Universal Driver software is included for free with the DS-MPE-DAQ0804, and simplified programming effort for all the board’s I/O functions under both Linux and Windows OSs.
Key features of the DS-MPE-DAQ0804:
- 8 single ended or 4 differential 16-bit analog inputs
- Maximum aggregate sample rate of 100 KHz
- Analog input ranges of +/-10V, +/-5V, 0-10V, 0-5V
- Four 16-bit analog outputs
- Analog output ranges of 0-5V and 0-2.5V
- 21 buffered digital I/O lines, individual direction control & protection
- Digital I/O lines optionally configurable as four 24-bit pulse width modulators or eight 32-bit programmable counter/timers
- Utilizes PCIe link on Minicard socket
- Support for Windows Embedded Standard 7, XP, CE and Linux 2.6.xx
- Diamond’s Universal Driver software supports all functions
- Rugged design: -40oC to +85oC operating temperature
- PCIe MiniCard form-factor: (2 x 1.18 in. / 50.95 x 30mm)
For more information, visit www.diamondsystems.com.