The 32-bit Giant Gecko MCU from Silicon Labs (http://www.silabs.com), based on the ARM Cortex-M3 core was selected by the well known manufacturer of navigation devices, Magellan (http://www.magellangps.com) for its new Echo smart sports watch. The Echo is based on an “open” GUI development environment called Simplicity Studio.
Features of the Simplicity Studio:
- Available to developers at no charge
- Access to the development tools
- A tool to ease the task of debugging I/O pin conflicts
- Debugging tool for low-energy embedded development
- Eligible products: xPico, xPico Wi-Fi, xPIco IAP, xPort and xPort pro
The new sports watch has a customizable display and watch face and provides the ability to remotely control the watch from both iPhones and Android smartphones.
More info: Silicon Labs