Orange Tree Technologies announced the ZestETM1 high-performance Gigabit Ethernet TCP/IP offload engine module, which enables faster time to market for systems in industrial control, machine vision, and medical where Ethernet use is growing.
Orange Tree Technologies ZestETM1 features:
- 10/100/1000 MBps run speed
- 100 MBps handling in each direction
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, IPv4, ICMP, IGMP, PTP, HTTP
- 25 mm x 30 mm
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP), SyncE, and 125 MHz clock available for real-time applications
- Can be configured to one of four modes: 8 or 16-bit SRAM-style bus, FIFO, or “bit banging” (enables another device on the network to write or read up to 32-bit values
- Low-speed seril interface that can be configured as SPI slave or UART for low-performance processors
- Full software libraries for Windows and Linux
The ZestETM1 allows application designers to more quickly create a high-speed Ethernet data interface solution. It uses the GigaExpedite proprietary protocol chip to handle the TCP/IP stack and by separating out the TCP/IP engine, the embedded processor or FPGA is entirely dedicated to the application to maximize efficiency. The design of the ZestETM1 is based on feedback from the ZestET1 – some customers wanted to use their own embedded processor instead of the ZestET1’s FPGA.
For more information: www.orangetreetech.com/zestetm1.php