VIA Technologies introduced the quad core VAB-820 Pico-ITX embedded ARM board. The VAB-820 module features a 1GHz quad core Freescale iMX 6Quad ARM Cortex-A9 processor. Sample units of the VIA VAB-820 Pico-ITX board are available now. The module is ideal for advanced industrial, energy management and in-vehicle applications.
VIA VAB-820 Pico-ITX Embedded ARM Board Features
- Compact 10cm x 7.2cm Pico-ITX form factor
- 1.GHz Freescale i.MX6 Quad ARM Cortex-A9 SoC
- 4GB on-board eMMC Flash memory, supports up to 64GB
- 1GB high performance DDR3 SDRAM onboard
- Supports three independent integrated graphics processing units(GPU) for 2D/3D graphics acceleration for dual displays
- Flawless HD video performance up to 1080p
- Supports up to 4 USB 2.0 ports and USB OTG
- HDMI and one dual channel 18/24-bit LVDS support
- Capture-in support
- CANbus support
- Stereo audio support
- Optional PoE (power over Ethernet) support
The rugged VIA VAB-820 Pico-ITX board supports a wide operating temperature range from -20 to 70 degrees Celsius in an ultra-low TDP envelope of only 7W and is backed with up to seven years longevity support. The VIA VAB-820 is available with board support packages (BSPs) for Android and Ubuntu operating systems.
The VAB-820 features three independent, fully-integrated GPUs, capture-in support, HDMI port, two USB 2.0 ports, MicroSD slot and Gigabit Ethernet port. On-board features include up to 64GB eMMC Flash memory, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, USB 2.0 host port, USB OTG port, Mini PCI-e, two COM port pin headers, CANbus, dual channel LVDS connector, S-video pin header and eight GPIO pin headers.
The VIA VAB-820 board combines a 1GHz quad core Freescale iMX6 Quad ARM Cortex-A9 processor in a rugged, power efficient platform with a mere 7W TDP. The board includes dual independent display support and three independent, fully integrated GPUS, which provide the smoothest 3D/2D graphics acceleration for full HD playback support of the most demanding video formats.
More info: VIA VAB-820