BCM Advanced Research introduced their MX280NI low profile mini-ITX motherboard. The MX280NI embedded motherboard features an onboard Intel Atom N2800 dual-core processor, integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3650 graphics, and Intel NM10 Chipset. The BCM MX280NI motherboard is ideal for thin client devices, display heads where the MX280NI is mounted behind the LCD panel, retail digital signage, industrial control and medical applications where space constrained enclosures and noise reduction are required.
BCM MX280NI Embedded Motherboard Features
- Intel Atom N2800 dual-core 1.86 GHz processor onboard
- Two SODIMM sockets support up to 4 GB 800/1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- One full size mini-PCIe, one half size mini-PCIe, one PCIe x1
- Supports mSATA via full size mini-PCIe slot
- Dual display via HDMI, VGA and 18/24-bit LVDS
- 8 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x COM ports
- LPT, PS2 KB/MS ports
- Support TPM module through onboard TPM Pinheader
- 9 – 19V wide range DC power input
The MX280NI’s low profile single stack I/O and fanless design with onboard Intel Atom N2800 low power processor are the main selling points of BCM’s value priced embedded motherboard. The low profile heat sink and single stack I/O minimizes the overall height to approximately 0.75 inch. The heat sink also enables fanless operation.
More info: BCM MX280NI Embedded Motherboard (pdf)