ADLINK Technology introduced the AMP-204C and AMP-208C digital signal processing (DSP)-based 4/8-axis pulse-train motion controllers. The AMP-204C/208C boards feature advanced synchronous motion control performance combined with point-table functionality integrating multi-dimensional interpolation. The AMP-204C and AMP-208C enable high pulse output and encoder input frequency up to 6.5 MHz and 20 MHz, respectively. The AMP-204C/AMP-208C is available now.
ADLINK AMP-204C/AMP-208C Advanced Pulse-Train Motion Controllers Features
- Onboard floating-point DSP, 4/8 axis pulse-train command up to 6.5MHz
- Trajectory cycle time up to 1 KHz
- Encoder feedback frequency up to 20 MHz with digital filter design
- High speed position latch function via ORG and Index signals
- High speed position comparison and trigger output up to 1MHz for auto-optical inspection
- 32 additional onboard digital I/O channels (16DI and 16DO) save the cost of a full DI/O card
- PWM control of laser application, watchdog timer for safety control
- Programmable interrupt source control to host PC, support for up to 16 cards in a single system
The AMP-204C and AMP-208C reduce development time and cost up to 25% while maintaining superior throughput and accuracy. In addition, customer-reported testing shows a reduction in time required for action completion using the AMP-204C/208C as compared to other motion controllers, enabling at least 10% growth in productivity. The AMP-204C/208C feature high-speed, enhanced precision control and competitive pricing for a superior cost-performance ratio.
The ADLINK AMP-204C/AMP-208C supports pulse-width modulation (PWM) control with three different control modes for frequency or duty cycle, benefiting laser engraving/marking/cutting applications. Moreover, hardware-based, high-speed position comparison and trigger output up to 1 MHz are applicable in AOI applications, and 16 additional onboard digital input and digital output channels make the AMP-204C/208C more economical than a full D I/O card.
The AMP-204C/208C’s MotionCreatorPro 2 Windows-based application development software package provides a Setup Wizard, reducing system installation and evaluation time and allowing full monitoring of onboard DSP and I/O consumption via a system diagnostics page. Powerful sampling page and graphic tools deliver real-time motion and I/O status and conduct further motion flow analyses.
With the DIN-825-GP4 terminal board, the AMP-204C/AMP-208C can connect to individual servos, such as the Mitsubishi J4, Yaskawa Sigma V, Panasonic MINAS A5, and Delta A2+ series, through specific cabling. The AMP-204C/AMP-208C supports Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8.
More info: ADLINK AMP-204C and AMP-208C Motion Controllers (pdf)