Microchip Technology launched the PIC24FJ128GC010 microcontroller family. The new PIC24FJ128GC010 MCU devices are available now for sampling and volume production. Prices start at $2.59 each in volume. The PIC24FJ128GC010 (128 KB Flash) and PIC24FJ64GC010 (64 KB Flash) are available in 100-pin TQFP and 121-pin BGA packages. The PIC24FJ128GC006 (128 KB Flash) and PIC24FJ64GC006 (64 KB Flash) are available in 64-pin TQFP and QFN packages.
The PIC24FJ128GC010 microcontroller family is an analog system on a chip that integrates a full analog signal chain — such as Microchip’s first ever on-chip precision 16-bit ADC and 10 Msps 12-bit ADC, a DAC and dual operational amplifiers (op amps), and eXtreme Low Power (XLP) technology for extended battery life in portable medical and industrial applications.
The combination of analog integration and low power consumption reduces system cost and noise, and improves the signal throughput in applications such as portable medical monitoring devices. The PIC24FJ128GC010 family includes an integrated LCD display driver that provides the ability to drive up to 472 segments with information-rich user displays that include scrolling alphanumeric banners.
Integrated USB supports the uploading of clinical data for medical equipment, and can act as a service/data port for industrial equipment. Capacitive touch sensing is supported with an on-chip mTouch peripheral. The integration of a 16-bit ADC, USB and LCD into a single low-power MCU allows for very small form factor, battery-powered applications.
Microchip PIC24FJ128GC010 MCU Family Features
- 16-bit Sigma-Delta ADC (2 diff. ch)
- 12-bit 10MSPS Pipeline ADC (50 ch)
- 2×10-bit 1MSPS DAC
- 2 Operational Amplifiers
- 3 Comparators
- 3 Voltage References
- Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU)
- 18 nA Deep Sleep mode
- 350 nA RTCC in Vbat mode
- 380 nA Low Voltage Sleep mode (RAM retention)
- 400 nA Real Time Clock and Calendar operation in Sleep modes
- 240 nA Watch Dog Timer operation in Deep Sleep modes
- 180 µA/MHz Run mode
- Power Modes: Run, Doze, Idle, Sleep, Low Voltage Sleep, Deep Sleep, Vbat
- Multiple, flexible clock modes for optimum performance and power management
- Deep Sleep Wake Sources: DSBOR, DSWDT, INT0 and RTCC
- Up to 16 MIPS performance
- Single Cycle Instruction Execution
- 16 x 16 Hardware Multiply and 32-bit x 16-bit Hardware Divider
- C Compiler Optimized Instruction Set Architecture
- 6 Channel DMA
- USB with Device/Host/OTG support with Active Clock Tuning (no crystal required)
- Segmented LCD driver with charge-pump, 59 seg. x 8 comm.
- Peripheral Pin Select allows I/O remapping of many peripherals in real time
- Hardware RTCC, Real-Time Clock Calendar with alarm system
- Internal oscillators support 31 kHz to 8 MHz, up to 32 MHz with 96 MHz PLL
- Fail-Safe Clock Monitor allows safe shutdown if clock fails
- Watchdog Timer with separate RC oscillator
- System Supervisors: Low Power BOR, WDT, INT0 and RTCC
- JTAG Boundary Scan
More info: Microchip PIC24FJ128GC010 PIC Microcontroller Family (pdf)