Lantronix released their xPico Wi-Fi module. The tiny M2M wi-fi board is a compact, embedded wireless device server. It is designed for easy and fast machine-to-Wi-Fi connectivity. The xPico Wi-Fi module features simultaneous access point and client functionality. This enables the creation of its own secure Wi-Fi network for direct access as well as maintaining a Wi-Fi client connection to the existing Wi-Fi network. This allows machines to be directly accessed via smartphone or tablet. Pricing for the xPico Wi-Fi start at $27.80 for 5,000 unit quantities.
Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Module Features
- No need for software development or to write a single line of code
- Compact footprint: 24mm x 16.5mm
- Enables direct access to device data via smartphones, tablets and connected PCs
- Unique simultaneous Soft-AP and Client mode, allows for easy points of access while maintaining a secure network
- Device server application suite hardened by Lantronix over the last decade
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Operating environment at extended temperatures: -40° to +85° C
- Conforms to latest WLAN and IP internetworking standards, ensuring interoperability and eliminating vendor lock-in
- Designed with customizable capabilities for rapid OEM adoption
- Low-power profile optimized for battery-powered devices
- Serial, SPI, USB, ADC, GPIOs
- Easy migration path for xPico Wired designs
- 5-Year limited warranty
With Lantronix’ Zero-Host Load architecture, there is no need to manage or load drivers on the system or write a single line of code. The xPico Wi-Fi has been optimized to bring easy and secure wireless functionality to a wide range of machine to machine applications from small battery powered devices to large industrial installations.
The xPico Wi-Fi device offers a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm. It is pin and form factor compatible with other members of the Lantronix xPico product family.
More info: Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Module (pdf)