MSC Vertriebs GmbH announced the C6B-8S COM Express Type 6 module family. The boards integrate a fourth generation Intel Core processor (code name Haswell) and will be offered in different performance and pricing classes. The COM Express modules support three independent displays, DirectX 11.1, fast low power DDR3 1600 memory and USB 3.0.
MSC C6B-8S COM Express Type 6 Module Features
- Intel Core i7-4700EQ (quad-core, 2.4/3.4GHz)
- Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)
- Intel 8 Series PCH QM87
- Up to 16GB DDR3L 1600 SDRAM, dual channel
- Four SATA 300/600 mass storage interfaces
- Three DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI interfaces
- Two Embedded DisplayPort interfaces
- LVDS (24 Bit, dual channel) and CRT interface
- Triple independent display support
- DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL 1.2
- Resolution up to 3800×2400
- Seven PCI Express x1 lanes
- Four USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 interfaces
- UEFI Firmware
The first available MSC C6B-7S module is based on the Intel 8-Series platform controller hub (PCH) QM87 and the Intel Core i7-4700EQ quad-core processor with 6MB L3 cache. The processor is clocked with 2.4GHz or 3.4GHz in the turbo boost mode. The thermal design power (TDP) is 47W or 37W. The processor supports the Intel AMT 9.0 Technology, Intel 64, the Intel Virtualization Technology, VT-d Virtualized I/O and Intel’s Trusted Execution Technology. During the coming months, the MSC C6B-8S module family will be expanded in the medium- and low-end range by different dual-core based variants.
With COM Express Type 6 pinouts, the MSC C6B-8S module family feature four fast USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports. The board offers seven PCI Express x 1 channels, a PCI Express graphics (PEG) x 16 interface for powerful external graphics cards and an LPC bus for legacy I/O interfaces. In addition, Gbit Ethernet, HD audio and four SATA interfaces at up to 6 Gb/s are available.
More info: MSC C6B-8S COM Express Type 6 Module (pdf)