Radicom Research introduced the RW8200 Embedded Serial to WiFi Modules. The board integrates a M3 Cortex host processor, Broadcom’s BCM44362 Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) and an embedded processor. Samples of RW8200 Embedded WiFi Module are available now. Prices start at $29 each in quantity of 1000 pieces. Bulk discounts are available for higher OEM volume requests.
The RW8200 Embedded Serial to WiFi Modules feature self-contained WiFi subsystem and streamlined data accessibility with extended AT commands. The embedded board enables OEM’s to integrate wireless connectivity into a broad range of products that previously did not feature networking capability.
The RW8200 has an UART interface with SPI interface support. It enables the addition of secure, interoperable WiFi functionality through a simple serial port using a basic AT command set for wireless products and extended commands for extra features.
The RW8200 Serial WiFi Module contains WiFi networking and TCP/IP stack that enables simplified WiFi integration into any MCU based consumer products. It provides WiFi adoption in emerging markets including Connected Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics and Cloud-based Sensors, Healthcare and Security services.
Radicom RW8200 Embedded WiFi Module Features
- Interfaces: Serial and SPI
- Small size: 0.79″ x 1.30″ x 0.09″ (20 x 33 x 2.2mm)
- USB interface available with a Serial-to-USB adapter
- 802.11 b/g/n compliant
- Solutions with WLAN, MAC, baseband and power amplifier
- Wi-Fi client and AP mode support
- Serial-to-Wi-Fi API interface
- RTOS and TCP/IP stack support
- Configurable through AT commands
- Wi-Fi security: WEP-128, WPA-PSK(TKIP), WPA2-PSK
- Low power 3.3V operation
- Extended operating temperature (-30°C to +85°C)
- On-board antennas or U.FL connectors
- Dual antennae for MIMO single stream operation
- Sensor applications support: ADC, DAC, I2C, GPIO
- Transmit power: +18 dBm @ 11b/11Mbps
- Maximum receive sensitivity: -96dBm
- Agency approvals: FCC, IC and CE Certifications (pending)
- RoHS compliant
More info: Radicom Research’s RW8200 Embedded WiFi Module (pdf)