VIA Technologies introduced the VAB-600 Pico-ITX embedded board. The VIA VAB-600 features an 800MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor and built-in multi-standard decoder for playback support of video formats in resolutions up to 1080p. The VIA VAB-600 includes a broad range of on-board pin-headers to provide optional 3G or WiFi connectivity, touch screen support and support for either battery or 12V~24V DC-in power options in an ultra-compact design.
VIA VAB-600 Pico-ITX Embedded Board Features
- Compact 10cm x 7.2cm Pico-ITX form factor
- 800MHz Cortex-A9 SoC onboard
- 4GB on-board eMMC Flash memory
- Supports integrated graphics processing (GPU) for 2D/3D graphics acceleration
- Flawless HD video performance up to 1080p
- Supports up to 3 USB 2.0 ports
- Mini HDMI, on-board DVO (Digital Video Output) for TTL or LVDS display
- 1GB DDR3 SDRAM on-board
- 3G and WiFi connectivity support (optional)
- Touch screen support
- Optional battery charger connector with Smart Battery function
The VIA VAB-600 features 4GB eMMC Flash memory, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, DVO connector for TTL or LVDS display, two COM ports, SPI, USB 2.0 connector, Mini Card slot (supports USB 2.0 connectivity for optional WiFi module VNT9271B6050), support for one SIM card slot, touch screen connector, front pin headers for line-in/out and MIC-in, I2C and GPIO pin header, and battery charger connector with smart battery function.
Rear I/O on the VAB-600 includes a Mini HDMI port, two Mini-USB 2.0 ports, a 10/100 Ethernet port and a 12~24V DC-in jack. The new motherboard is based on the ultra compact Pico-ITX form factor. It measures 10 cm x 7.2 cm.
Sample units of the VIA VAB-600 Pico-ITX board are available now. The embedded board is ideal for in-vehicle, mobile and healthcare applications.
More info: VIA VAB-600 Pico-ITX Embedded Board (pdf)