ACCES I/O Products introduced the 104I-COM-8SM Series of PCI-104 serial communication boards. The 104I-COM-8SM boards feature a selection of 8, 4, or 2-ports of field selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 asynchronous serial protocols on a port by port basis. Ports are accessed via two 40-pin IDC type right angle header connectors. The 104I-COM-8SM Series PCI-104 boards are available now. Prices start at $169.
The 104I-COM-8SM Series is ideal for POS, gaming systems, retail, hospitality, automation, kiosks, defense industries, high-density networking, or any other application requiring the connection of RS-232/422/485 serial devices to a PCI-104 compatible system.
Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data communication rates up to 921.6 kbps and implement full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. RS-422 and RS-485 modes support data communication speeds up to 1.8432 Mbps.
The boards have eight enhanced 16550 compatible UARTS and include 64-byte transmit/receive FIFO buffers to decrease CPU loading and protect against lost data in multi-tasking systems while maintaining 100% compatibility with all operating system COM port software. ACCES offers the 104I-COM-8SM, 4SM, and 2SM in both standard and extended temperature versions ideal for outdoor applications, harsh industrial surroundings, or military use.
ACCES I/O 104I-COM-8SM PCI-104 Board Features
- 8, 4, and 2-port PCI-104 serial communication boards
- High performance octal PCI UART
- Field selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 protocols, jumper configured per port
- Speeds up to 1.8432Mbps in RS-422/485 modes (RS-232 up to 921.6 kbps)
- 16550 compatible register set with 64-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- ±15kV ESD protection on all RS-232 signal pins
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Auto-RTS feature makes half-duplex RS-485 communication effortless
- Fixed bias and jumper selectable termination provided on each RS-422/485 transmit and receive channel
- Software compatible with all operating systems as standard COM port
- RS-485 full-duplex (4-wire) fully supported
- RS-232 only versions and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) available
- RS-422/RS-485 only versions
More info: ACCES I/O Products 104I-COM-8SM Family