Kontron introduced the CPS3003-SA 3U CompactPCI Serial processor board. The CPS3003-SA CPCI-S.0 features the latest third generation Intel Core i7 processors, PCI Express Gen 3.0, USB 3.0, SATA 6G and Gigabit Ethernet over backplane. The processor board is now available as a COTS component or as an application-ready platform pre-integrated in Kontron’s CompactPCI Serial systems. It is ideal for industrial automation, test and measurement equipment, transport and traffic systems, and medical and defense technology.
Kontron’s new CompactPCI Serial processor board supports Linux, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows XP and VxWorks. Highly integrated Board Support Packages cover all the hardware components integrated on the board.
The Kontron CPS3003-SA CPCI-S.0 is available in multiple versions and scalable from the 1.7 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor 3517UE to the quad-core Intel Core i7 processor 3612QE. It offers up to 16 gigabytes of ECC DDR3 SDRAM.
Five PCIe x1 lanes are available with the CPS3003-SA. Hard disk carriers, such as the Kontron CPS3101, can be connected via four SATA ports, two of them via SATA 6Gb/s ports. There are also two USB 3.0 and six USB 2.0 ports routed to the backplane. For networking purposes, there are two Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be routed to the front panel or to the backplane. In addition, OEMs are presented with two additional USB 2.0 ports and two DisplayPort connections on the front. The CPS3003-SA also provides the option to offer rear I/O via the P6 connector, which adds two USB ports (1x USB 3.0 and USB 2.0), a third independent DisplayPort and two serial ports.
Kontron CPS3003-SA CPCI-S.0 Features
- Latest Intel Core technology, quad- and dual-core processors
- Up to 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM with ECC
- Up to 32 GB SATA NAND Flash
- Latest high-speed interconnects – SATA 6 Gb/s, .USB 3.0 and PCI Express 3.0
- Up to 3x independent graphics outputs
- Various expansion options
- Rear I/O option via P6 backplane connector
- TPM support
- Version for extended temperature range E2 (-40°C up to +85°C)
- Embeddedports Linux, VxWorks, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Embbeded Standard 7