Cadia Networks launched the MIT-5500 single board computer. The embedded ARM-based SBC is a mini-ITX small form factor board. It features a Freescale i.MX53 ARM Cortex A8 core processor, twelve onboard serial ports, dual Ethernet ports, 40-bit digital GPIO, dual CAN, and a 4-wire touch interface. The Cadia MIT-5500 SBC is ideal for advanced human to machine interfaces, data acquisition, point of sale, vehicle telematics, digital signage, industrial automation, building controls and connected appliances.
With the MIT-5500, operating systems like Android or Linux can boot natively out of the onboard 4GB iNAND flash. It features full HD 1080p playback, 1080p decoding and 720p encoding using hardware acceleration, and the ability of running dual independent displays through the HDMI, VGA or LVDS interfaces.
Cadia MIT-5500 Mini-ITX ARM Motherboard Features
- Freescale Cortex A8 i.MX53 CPU up to 1.2GHz with long life cycle support
- Onboard 1 GB DDR3 Memory, 4 GB iNAND flash
- Dual independent display with HDMI, VGA and LVDS interfaces
- Two fast Ethernet ports and twelve COM ports on board
- Hardware acceleration of 1080p video decoding and 720p encoding
- Native support for Android OS and Linux with Qt Extended application
- Support of up to 40-bit GPIO and dual CAN bus option
- 9 to 24 volt DC wide input voltage range