Texas Instruments introduced their MSP430F66xx microcontrollers. The new TI MCU devices feature embedded 512K Flash, 64K RAM, integrated analog, 160-segment LCD driver and USB. The microcontrollers are code and pin compatible with MSP430F663x microcontrollers, which offer 256K Flash and 16k RAM. MSP430F66xx MCUs are priced from $4.25 in volume units. Samples are now available.
The MSP430F66xx microcontrollers enable MSP430 devices to easily manage wireless protocols, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and ZigBee. The MSP430F66xx microcontrollers can also better support over-the-air firmware updates, graphical software libraries and more complex computing algorithms. The MCU devices eliminate external components and enable features such as text to speech capabilities.
The Texas Instruments MSP430F66xx microcontrollers are ideal for analog and digital sensor systems, digital motor control, remote controls, thermostats, digital timers, and hand-held meters.
TI MSP430F66xx Microcontrollers Features
- Code and pin compatible for easy scalability across the F5xx/F6xx series while maintaining peripherals with no trade-offs for performance versus power
- Supports broad range of wireless connectivity protocols, including Bluetooth, Bluetooth low energy, near field communications (NFC), sub-1 GHz, ZigBee including SEP 2.0 architecture and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Increased memory plus analog signal chain, including 12-bit analog-to-digital (ADC) and digital-to-analog converters (DAC), for the recording and outputting of 8ksps of audio enabling basic text to speech functions
- Ultra-low standby power as low as 2uA with RAM retention enabled for 3us fast wake-up offering optimized power and performance efficiency
- Compatible with the Code Composer Studio integrated development environment for fast application development and debugging
- For non-LCD applications, MSP430F56xx microcontrollers offer pin and code compatibility with the 256k MSP430F563x microcontrollers