Texas Instruments introduced the 32-bit, real-time C2000 Piccolo F2806xU microcontrollers. The new TI MCUs feature integrated USB 2.0 connectivity, CAN peripherals, and 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The F2806xU Piccolo microcontrollers are available in various configurations to meet a variety of performance, memory, peripheral and package size requirements. Prices start at $4.95 in 1k volumes.
The TI Piccolo F2806xU MCU is ideal for consumer and industrial motor control systems, industrial power systems, telecom and data systems, wind and solar energy generation and general power electronic applications. The Texas Instruments microcontrollers help engineers to add USB connectivity into their applications.
Texas Instruments Piccolo F2806xU MCUs Features
- Integrated USB 2.0 and CAN peripherals for on-the-go communications in the field
- 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Simultaneous, dual sampling and on-chip voltage reference yield quick and accurate system feedback
- Three high-speed analog comparators with 30ns response time promote near instantaneous fault responsiveness
- C-programmable, 32-bit floating-point CLA co-processor
- Bolsters system performance by up to twofold
- Enables closed loop control of multiple independent targets
- CLA has direct control of on-chip peripherals and features its own bus and memory structure to support parallel execution of algorithms
- Viterbi Complex Math Unit (VCU) provides 75 tailored math instructions to accelerate processing of communications algorithms
- Code compatibility across the C2000 MCU platform allows developers to scale solutions from 40 MHz to 300 MHz
More info: TI Real-time C2000 Microcontrollers