Ambarella announced the A7L-A family of automotive camera System on Chip (SoCs) and reference designs. The A7L-A family combines full HD dual-view recording with excellent video quality. It offers excellent image quality for capturing license plates and other details, even in low light conditions. The A7L-A family of SoCs and reference designs are available now.
The Ambarella A7L-A reference designs enable full 1080p30 HD single and dual-view camera configurations, supporting video recording through the front windshield as well as through the rear window or inside the vehicle.
The A7L-A features Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), smart auto exposure, and full-resolution over-sampling. The SoCs include a high speed 700MHz ARM CPU to support advanced analytics algorithms including a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS).
The A7L-A SoCs require no external DRAM. This enables low cost board designs and supports the development of compact camera form factors. The 32nm SoCs have very low power consumption. The A7L-A reference designs and Software Development Kit (SDK) include complete camera recording applications and support a wide range of CMOS’s.
Ambarella A7L-A SoC Features
- Single stream video encoding up to 8MP @ 30fps or dual stream encoding up to 1080p30
- Dual-view camera option supports full HD encoding from dual windshield/cab sensors or via a cable from a rear window-mounted second camera module
- Over-sampling imaging takes advantage of the full sensor original size for sharpest image, best low-light sensitivity, and widest Field of View (FOV)
- Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) options deliver improved video clarity in high-contrast lighting conditions
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) technology combines lane change detection with visual or audio driver alerts
- Integrated DRAM simplifies design for small camera form factors and low cost four layer boards
- A rich set of interfaces allows for compact designs and support for USB 2.0, HDMI, and SDXC SD card
More info: Ambarella, Inc.