Ambarella A9 Camera System on Chip Supports 4K Ultra HD Video
Ambarella announced the A9 camera System on Chip. The SoC supports the new 4K Ultra HD video resolution at 30 frames per second. It features dual core ARM Cortex-A9 CPUs, 32nm CMOS technology, and low power consumption. The Ambarella A9 SoC is available now for qualified customers. It is ideal for creating cameras with advanced fast-action video features, exceptional still image quality, and full wireless connectivity.
The A9 camera system-on-chip features video time-lapse modes, capture of high-resolution still images during video recording, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), and burst capture of up to sixty 12-megapixel still images per second. Ultra-wide angle and small form factor lenses are supported with full lens distortion correction. The A9 also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video and still processing.
The Ambarella A9 SOC enables development of the next generation of mirrorless, sports, and digital still cameras (DSCs) with leading-edge video features and exceptional still image quality. In addition to 4K Ultra HD video resolution at 30 frames per second, the A9 supports high frame-rate video for capturing fast-action sports with 1080p video at 120 frames per second or 720p video at 240 frames per second.
Ambarella A9 Camera SOC Features
- 4K Ultra HD video recording at 30 frames per second
- High definition video recording with 240 frames per second at 720p resolution
- Burst mode support for still image capture of over 700 Megapixels per second
- Multi-exposure High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging support, including local tone mapping, preserves image details in high contrast scenes
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with rolling shutter correction
- 3D Motion-Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF) with de-ghosting for reduced artifacts and excellent low light performance
- Support for applications including wireless preview, playback, and upload of stills and videos to a smartphone or directly to the Internet over WiFi
- A rich set of interfaces including DDR3L, USB 2.0 host, HDMI, and SDXC SD card
More info: Ambarella A9 4K Ultra HD Camera SoC (pdf)
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.