TRITON-TX6Q System-on-Module Features Quad-core Freescale i.MX6Q
Direct Insight announced the TRITON-TX6Q system-on-module. It features Freescale i.MX6Q processor, four ARM Cortex-A9 cores, 1GB to 2GB of high performance 64-bit DDR3-1066 RAM and 128MB NAND Flash. The TRITON-TX6Q will be available in early 2013. The 68mm x 31mm system-on-module is ideal for medical devices, digital signage, security, and industrial multimedia applications.
The TRITON-TX6Q, via the Freescale iMX6Q processor, features dedicated multimedia codecs that offer 1080p video decode at 60fps, or encoding of two 720p streams. The module also includes independent 3D and 2D engines for graphics acceleration, and OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenVG 1.1 support. Dual capacitive and resistive touch screen displays are supported, and the i.MX6Q offers dual LVDS as well as parallel RGB outputs.
The system-on-module includes PCI Express,SATA, two high speed OTG-capable USB 2.0 ports, dual camera and dual CAN interfaces. TRITON-TX6Q supports Linux 3.x. Windows Embedded Compact 7 and Compact 2013 BSPs are expected in early 2013. It offers industrial temperature support (-40C to +85C), pin-compatibility with the rest of Direct Insight’s TRITON-TX range, and a 10-year life.
Direct Insight TRITON-TX6Q System-on-Module Features
- Freescale i.MX6Q microcontroller, 4x ARM Cortex-A9
- Vivante GC2000, GC355 and GC320 graphics co-processors
- 1024MB or 2048MB RAM, DDR3 1066MHz, 64-bit
- 128MB NAND Flash
- 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 decode, or dual720p, Open GL ES 2.0, Open VG 1.1
- ARM Cortex-A9 Neon VFP
- UART (RS232): 1x D-SUB 9 and 1x 10-pin header on baseboard
- Ethernet 10/100 BaseT
- PHY on module, IEEE1588 support on i.MX6Q
- 2x I2C interfaces
- LCD controller, 1080p, Up to dual 1920 x 1080, resistive or capacitive touch
- Supplied LCD: 4 sizes up to 800×480
- Resistive, capacitive touch, other sizes on request
- SSP (synchronous serial /digital audio): 2 on headers
- 2 SD card receptacles on baseboard
- 1-wire interface
- USB Host includes PHY. Single “A” type socket on baseboard, can operate as OTG
- USB OTG includes PHY. Micro AB socket, can power baseboard, can operate as host
- 2 SPI
- PWM controller
- 8×8 keypad
- JTAG: 20-pin header on baseboard
- Analog audio: codec on baseboard
- Resistive touch screen interface
- 2 camera interfaces
- DS1339 RTC
More info: Direct Insight TRITON-TX6Q System-on-Module
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.