Kontron launched their ARM Cortex A8 ULP-COM-sA3874i Computer-on-Module. The ULP-COM-sA3874i is based on Texas Instrument’s AM3874 Sitara ARM processors. The board helps embedded OEMs drive down system costs for ultra-low power SFF (small form factor) solutions. The Kontron ULP-COM-sA3874i module family is ideal for military, industrial automation/HMI, digital signage and medical applications. It is available for sampling now with serial production expected in Q1 2013.
The Kontron ULP-COM-sA3874i Computer-on-Module family is available with the Texas Instruments Sitara single core Cortex-A8 technology-based microprocessors (MPUs) for the extended temperature range that offer performance up to 800 MHz. Kontron’s ULP-COM modules support 3D graphics acceleration and HD video processing. Dual independent displays are possible via parallel 18/24 bit LCD or 18/24 bit single-channel LVDS and HDMI. In addition, the module supports a parallel camera interface input. The modules provide a x1 Gen 2 PCI Express lane and interface flexibility with 4-bit SDIO and SDMMC storage, SPI x2, I2S x4, I2C x4 for general purpose and CAN Bus x 2. Networking is supported by a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port.
The Kontron ULP-COM-sA3874i module supports an extended operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C and expands the scalable Computer-on-Module building block model to a broader range of SFF systems that must operate in harsh environmental conditions such as those in the military, industrial automation/HMI, digital signage and medical markets. The board supports Android, Linux, WEC7, and a variety of real-time operating systems.
Kontron ULP-COM-sA3874i Features
- Texas Instruments Sitara AM3874 Cortex A8 CPU
- 82mm x 55mm as defined by ULP-COM standard
- Single core Cortex A8 up to 800MHz
- 10/100/1000 MBit Ethernet
- Up to 32GB NAND FLASH build option
- Single channel 18-bit, 24-bit (18-bit compatible) LVDS, and HDMI
- GPIO, I²C, I²S, 2x CAN
- Camera input 10-bit parallel interface
- Up to 2GB DDR3 memory
- Supports Windows CE6, WES7, Linux, Android
- PCI Express x1 lane
- Power consumption: 2 W typical
- Texas Instruments Sitara AM3874 Cortex A8 Processor
- SATA Interface
- Operation temperature: -40° to 85°C
- Storage temperature: -40° to 85°C
- Two USB 2.0
- USB OTG
More info: Kontron ULP-COM-sA3874i