Texas Instruments introduced their Concerto F28M36x microcontrollers. The 32-bit MCU integrate real-time, precise control provided by its C28x digital signal processor and advanced connectivity enabled through its ARM Cortex-M3 core, plus on-chip peripherals. The TI F28M36x microcontrollers are ideal for motor control, renewable energy and smart grid applications that require power conversion, remote data sharing, diagnostics, monitoring and control from a single device. Concerto microcontrollers are priced at $6.99 each (in quantities of 1,000 units).
The TI Concerto F28M36x microcontrollers are code compatible across the entire C2000 microcontroller platform for scalability and code reuse in energy-efficient applications.
Texas Instruments’ dual-core Concerto microcontrollers are supported by C2000′s controlSUITE software, which includes an intuitive software ecosystem, application libraries, demos and examples, as well as TI’s Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) v5.
TI Concerto F28M36x Microcontroller Systems Highlights
- Real-time control subsystem with TI’s C28x 150 Mhz digital signal processor with floating point and the Viterbi Complex Math Unit
- Smaller package size and more connectivity than previous Concerto microcontrollers
- 289-pin (ball), 16×16 mm nFBGA package with .8 mm ball pitch to allow more input/output (I/O) connectivity
- Industry-leading control peripherals for control and power conversion in energy-efficient applications
- Robust host communication subsystem based on 125 Mhz Cortex-M3 and connectivity peripherals such as Ethernet, USB On-The-Go, dual CAN and multiple serial communication ports
- Enable functions such as data sharing, diagnostics and monitoring
- High-performance pulse-width modulation (PWM) peripherals increase the control resolution in switching power supplies and motor control systems
- Memory includes up to 1.5 MB of flash and 232 KB RAM for storage
- Simple development environment supports programming each subsystem independently
- TI-RTOS for builds on the SYSBIOS real-time kernel and controlSUITE middleware and peripheral libraries and provides TCP/IP, USB host and device, a FAT file system, and drivers all completely integrated and tested in a multithreaded environment