Microchip Technology introduced the PIC16F1512/13 8-bit eXtreme low Power (XLP) Enhanced Midrange Core PIC microcontrollers. The PIC16F1512 and PIC16F1513 are available now for sampling and volume production in 28-pin SSOP, SOIC, SPDIP and 4 x 4 x 0.5 mm UQFN packages. Prices start at $0.58 each in high-volume quantities. The general-purpose MCUs are ideal for appliance, medical, consumer and automotive applications.
The PIC16F1512 and PIC16F1513 microcontrollers feature advanced digital and analog peripherals, along with XLP for the extended battery life. The new MCU devices integrate a 17×10-bit ADC, EUSART, I2C/SPI, 2x Capture Compare PWMs, 7 KB Flash and 256B RAM. In addition, the PIC16F1512 and PIC16F1513 feature active current down to 30 µA/MHz and sleep current down to 20 nA.
Compared to other members of the PIC16F151X family, the PIC16F1512/13 offer increased analog capability, including a 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) with hardware Capacitive Voltage Divider (CVD) support for mTouch capacitive touch sensing implementation. The additional control logic enables automated touch sampling, which reduces software size and lowers CPU usage. It also provides an automatic control of guard-ring drive and a programmable sample-and-hold capacitance to better match larger touch or proximity sensors.
Microchip PIC16F1513 Features
- Enhanced Mid-range Core with 49 Instruction, 16 Stack Levels
- Flash Program Memory with self read/write capability
- Internal 16MHz oscillator
- MI2C, SPI, EUSART w/auto baud
- Two CCP (Capture Compare PWM) Module
- 17 Channel 10-bit ADC with Advanced Controls
- 25mA Source/Sink current I/O
- Two 8-bit Timers (TMR0/TMR2)
- One 16-bit Timer (TMR1)
- Extended Watchdog Timer (WDT)
- Enhanced Power-On/Off-Reset
- Programmable Ultra Low-Power Brown-Out Reset (ULPBOR)
- In Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP)
- In-Circuit Debug
- PIC16LF1513 (1.8V – 3.6V)
- PIC16F1513 (2.3V – 5.5V)
More info: Microchip PIC16(L)F1512/1513 (pdf)