WinSystems launched the PXM-UIO96-2, which is a SUMIT-ISM compatible digital I/O module. The device is designed for high-speed interfacing, and features 96 lines. The PXM-UIO96-2 can monitor all 96 lines for both rising and falling digital edge transitions, latch them, and then interrupt the host processor notifying it that a change-of-input status has occurred. The WinSystems PXM-UIO96-2 is available now for $195 each (in OEM quantities).
The PXM-UIO96-2 features a Lattice ECP2M FPGA with a superset of two WinSystems’ WS16C48 Universal I/O controller cores. It is wired to the PCIe x1 lane of the SUMIT-A connector and automatically selects the first available link. Each I/O line is programmable for input, output, or output with read-back operation. Transition polarity is programmable and enabled on a bit-by-bit basis. Each line’s transition is latched so that even short duration pulses will be recognized. In addition, each output channel is latched and has an open collector driver (with a pull-up resistor) capable of sinking 12mA of current.
The PXM-UIO96-2 supports Linux, Windows, and other x86-compatible real-time operating systems. The board has an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. It is also RoHS compliant. In addition, the PXM-UIO96-2 includes a SUMIT (Stackable Unified Module Interconnect Technology) connector.
WinSystems PXM-UIO96-2 SUMIT-ISM Digital I/O Module Features
- 48 bidirectional lines with input, output or output with Readback (WS16C48)
- 12mA sink current
- Generates an interrupt on signal change-of-state
- Supports 24 event sense lines
- Programmable polarity for each line
- Software-enabled interrupt for each line
- Change-of-state latched for each line
- Industrial operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Write-protection mask register for each port
- Compatible with industry standard I/O racks
- PCIe and USB automatic lane shifting on SUMIT A-B connectors
- PC/104 pass through connector for legacy stack
- Onboard +3.3V logic supply for I/O modules
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 3.8 inches (90 x 96 mm)
More info: WinSystems PXM-UIO96-2 SUMIT-ISM 96-Line Digital I/O Module (pdf)