ADLINK Technology introduced the cPCI-6930 CompactPCI processor blade. The ADLINK cPCI-6930 features a 1.8 GHz eight-core Intel Xeon processor E5-2448L, Intel C604 chipset, and three independent channels of DDR3-1333 RDIMM memory (up to 48GB DDR3 ECC registered memory). The next-generation 6U dual-slot cPCI board is ideal for server-grade applications and mission critical applications.
The on-card connectivity of the ADLINK cPCI-6930 processor blade includes four front panel GbE egress ports, 4GB soldered SATA NAND flash, optional bootable CompactFlash socket, and optional SAS/SATA direct connector for an onboard 2.5″ drive. Rear I/O connectivity includes up to three SATA ports and up to eight SAS ports that support hardware RAID via two mini-SAS connectors.
Thanks to Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, the cPCI-6930 utilizes processor resources more efficiently. Multiple threads can run on each core, which increases processor throughput and improves overall performance on threaded software. In addition, Intel Turbo Boost Technology enables the cPCI-6930 to run faster than the base operating frequency if operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
An Intel 82580EB Gigabit Ethernet controller enables high-speed data-transfer via four front panel GbE ports on the cPCI-6930. Two additional GbE ports are routed to the J3 connector to support PICMG 2.16. Additional onboard I/O includes a VGA port, two USB 3.0 ports, three USB 2.0 ports and RS-232 serial port. The cPCI-6930 also features a PMC/XMC expansion site with support for 64-bit 133MHz PCI modules or PCI Express x8 XMC modules.
ADLINK cPCI-6930 Processor Blade Features
- 6U dual-slot CompactPCI (cPCI) processor blade
- Up to Eight-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor 1.8GHz and 20MB LLC
- Intel C604 chipset
- Up to 48GB DDR3 ECC/REG memory by RDIMMs
- 4GB soldered SATA NAND flash
- Up to eight SAS ports supporting hardware RAID via two mini-SAS connectors
- Up to three SATA ports
- Optional bootable CompactFlash socket
- Intel 82580EB Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Four front panel GbE egress ports
- Two additional GbE ports are routed to the J3 connector to support PICMG 2.16
- VGA port
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- RS-232 serial port
- PMC/XMC expansion site supporting 64-bit 133MHz PCI modules or PCI Express x8 XMC modules
More info: ADLINK cPCI-6930 6U CompactPCI Blade