VIA Technologies introduced their VAB-800 Pico-ITX embedded ARM board. The VIA VAB-800 module features a Freescale ARM Cortex-A8 processor, Mini HDMI, VGA display port, four USB 2.0 ports, 10/100 Ethernet port, up to 64GB eMMC Flash memory, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, support for a SATA port, two single channel LVDS display ports, two COM ports, CAN Bus, front pin headers for line-in/out and MIC-in, SDIO pin header and eight GPIOs. The VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX board is sampling now.
The VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX embedded ARM board includes two independent, fully integrated GPUs. The two integrated GPUs support dual independent displays, 3D/2D graphics acceleration, full HD playback support, and resolutions up to 1080p.
The VIA VAB-800 is rugged. The Pico-ITX board supports a wide operating temperature range from -20 to 70 degrees Celsius in an ultra low TDP envelope of only 5W. In addition, the module is backed with a minimum seven years longevity support.
The VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX embedded ARM board is ideal for high-end industrial and in-vehicle fanless embedded applications. To speed development, board support packages (BSPs) are available for the Android, Ubuntu and Windows Embedded Compact 7 operating systems.
VIA VAB-800 Pico-ITX Features
- Choice of 800MHz or 1GHz Freescale Cortex-A8 SoC
- Compact 10cm x 7.2cm Pico-ITX form factor
- Two independent, integrated graphics processing units (GPU)
- 3D/2D graphics acceleration and dual display support
- Full HD video up to 1080p
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- Two COM ports
- Eight GPIOs
- Up to 4 USB 2.0 ports
- Mini HDMI, VGA and two single-channel 24-bit LVDS support
- Up to 64GB on-board eMMC Flash memory
- 1GB high performance DDR3 SDRAM
- Support for one SATA
- Two Boot flash pin headers
- CAN Bus
- HD audio support
- Front pin headers for line-in/out and MIC-in
- Max TDP of a mere 5W
- Operating temperature range: -20°C to 70°C
More info: VIA VAB-P800 Pico-ITX Board