Kontron introduced their KTA70M/mITX embedded Mini-ITX motherboard. The new mainboard is based on the new AMD Embedded R-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) and AMD A70M controller hub. The KTA70M/mITX features up to 16 GB RAM, Gen 2.0 PCI Express x8 PEG port, Gen 2.0 PCI Express x4 slot, four USB 3.0, ten USB 2.0, and two GbE-LAN. The Kontron embedded board is ideal for medical, industrial automation, gaming and digital signage applications. The Kontron embedded Mini-ITX motherboard KTA70/mITX is sampling now. Series production will start in the fourth quarter of this year.
The Kontron KTA70M/mITX embedded Mini-ITX motherboard features an integrated discrete-class AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series Graphics. It can drive up to four displays simultaneously, either as independent displays, or as a single large surface. It includes two DisplayPort (DP) and VGA connectors. Additional displays can be connected either via DP daisy chain or with an optional DP add-on card. The mainboard can support resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 pixels.
The Kontron embedded Mini-ITX motherboard KTA70/mITX is based on the AMD A70M controller hub. It is available with the quad-core AMD Embedded R-Series APU R-460L (2.0 GHz, 2.8 GHz in turbo mode) and R-452L (2.0 GHz, 2.4 in turbo mode). The dual core R-252F APU (1.9 GHz, 2.4 in turbo mode) is also available. Operating system support includes Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 7, VxWorks, and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise, Red Flag Linux and Wind River Linux).
Kontron KTA70M/mITX Features
- AMD Embedded R-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) Platform, Dual and Quad Core BGA CPU
- AMD Fusion Controller Hub A70M
- Integrated discrete-class AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series Graphics
- Four independent display outputs
- 10x USB 2.0, 4x USB 3.0
- 1x PCIe x8, 1x PCIe x4
- 2x SO-DIMM, up to 8GB each (in total 16 GB)
- 160 GPIO – including analog-to-digital converters (ADC) and digital-to-analog converters (DAC)
- 2x DisplayPort (DP) and 1x VGA
- 2x GbE-LAN
- Low Thermal Design Power (TDP) of 25 watts
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Embedded Standard 7, VxWorks, and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise, Red Flag Linux and Wind River Linux)
- KT embedded controller for intelligent multiple I/O
- Longterm available up to 7 years
- Outstanding graphic performance: OpenGL, OpenGL, DirectX 12