Kontron introduced the VX3042 and VX3044 3U OpenVPX single board computers. The Kontron dual-core VX3042 and quad-core VX3044 SBCs are based on the 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processors. They feature eight lane PCI Express gen 3.0 and x1 PCI Express gen 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0. In addition, the SBCs offer native support for 10 Gigabit Ethernet and PCI Express 3.0. The Kontron VX3042 and VX3044 single-board computers are available now. They are ideal for long-lifecycle applications.
The Kontron VX3042 features the 2.2 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-3517UE processor with configurable TDP between 14 W and 25 W. It offers up to 16 GB soldered ECC DDR3 SDRAM and one XMC site to enable application specific customization by populating the XMC slot with additional specialized XMCs including I/O, field bus and storage modules. The Kontron VX3044 includes the Intel Core i7-3612QE quad-core processor with 2.1 GHz and up to 16 MB soldered ECC DDR3 SDRAM.
Both SBCs offer comprehensive Ethernet connectivity with 10GBASE-KR, 1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-BX, eight lane PCI Express gen 3.0 and x1 PCI Express gen 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0. Storage media can be connected via 2x SATA 3 and 2x SATA 2, both with RAID 0/1/5/10 support. On-board soldered SATA-Flash is also available as an option to host OS and application code. Three DisplayPort interfaces are also included.
Kontron VX3042 and VX3044 SBC Features
- 2.2 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-3517UE processor (VX3042)
- 2.1 GHz Intel Core i7-3612QE quad-core processor (VX3044)
- User Configurable TDP 25W/2.2 GHz, 17W/1.7 GHz, 14W/0.8 GHz (VX3042)
- Multiple Ethernet 10GBASE-KR/1000BASE-T/1000BASE-BX Connectivity
- Up to 8 GB SDRAM with ECC (VX3042)
- Up to 16 GB SDRAM with ECC (VX3044)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Eight lane PCI Express Gen 3.0
- x1 PCI Express gen 2.0
- USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0
- 2x SATA 3 and 2x SATA 2, both with RAID 0/1/5/10 support
- Kontron VXFabric
- Optional on-board soldered SATA-Flash
- XMC with front and rear I/O Support (VX3042)
- Turnkey evaluation/development platforms
- 15-year life cycle
- Air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- Support Windows Embedded Standard 7, Linux and VxWorks