e-con Systems introduced the e-CAM51_USB 5.0 Megapixel UVC and UAC auto focus USB camera module. It is based on the OmniVision OV5640 CMOS image sensor, which features automatic exposure control (AEC), automatic white balance (AWB), automatic band filter (ABF), 50/60Hz automatic luminance detection, and automatic black level calibration (ABLC). Samples will be available on June 18, 2012. The e-CAM51_USB is ideal for document camera visualizers, interactive teaching and meeting solutions, OCR, scientific research, telemedicine/health, biometrics and robotics.
The e-CAM51_USB supports GPIO and microphone with an integrated analog-to-digital converter (ADC). In addition, the e-CAM51_USB camera board is fully compliant with USB Video Class (UVC) 1.0 Standard and the USB Audio Class (UAC) 1.0 Standard. As a result, device drivers are not required on the PC side for operating systems that support UVC and UAC standards.
- Houses e-CAM52_5640_MOD 5.0 MP auto focus camera module
- Plug-and-Play setup (UVC AND UAC compliant)
- Built-in microphone with 16 bit PCM support
- Four general purpose pins
- Two user configurable GPIOs (one input and one output)
- Predefined GPIO input for still image capture
- Predefined GPIO input for flip/mirror
- Up to 30 fps for VGA
- Temperature range: 0° to +50°C stable image
- Operating voltage: 5V ± 250mV
- Power requirements: – 400 mA (max)
- Supports Windows 7, Windows XP SP2, Linux OS
- Lightweight, versatile, and portable design
- ROHS compliant
- Size in mm (lxbxh): 71 x 13 x 7.8
More info: e-con Systems Inc.