Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) introduced the XPedite5205 Embedded Services Router. The PMC/XMC module features Cisco IOS IP Routing software. The XPedite5205 ESR provides mobile, ad hoc networking for military and emergency response. The XPedite5205 can be retrofitted for use in any available PMC or XMC site. It is ideal for oil and gas, mining, smart grid, transportation, and public safety applications.
The XPedite5205 ESR includes Cisco Mobile Ready Net capabilities. It provides secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes across both wired and wireless links. With the XPedite5205 ESR, integrators can create mobile, wireless, ad hoc networks, without requiring a connection to central infrastructure.
The XPedite5205 Embedded Services Router can be mounted on an application-specific carrier card or used on an X-ES development carrier. The X-ES XPedite5205 ESR module can be deployed in the harshest environments for embedded applications with SWaP constraints.
As a PMC/XMC module, the XPedite5205 can be retrofitted instantly for use in any available PMC or XMC site, leveraging 20 years of deployed VME, CompactPCI, VPX, and custom systems. It also can be mounted on an application-specific carrier card or used on an X-ES development carrier. The rugged XPedite5205 ESR module can be deployed in the harshest environments for embedded applications with SWaP constraints.
X-ES XPedite5205 ESR Features
- Freescale Power Architecture Processor
- Four integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with auto-negotiation support
- 1 GB DDR2-533 SDRAM
- Up to 256 MB NOR flash
- 1 GB NAND flash
- 128 kB SEEPROM
- Cisco IOS Release 15.2GC Software
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) support
- Cisco Mobile Ready Net, which allows for mobile ad hoc networking and Radio Aware Routing (RAR) with Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
- On-board hardware acceleration and encryption
- Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone-based Firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Identity management using authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
- Conduction- or air-cooled PMC/XMC form factor with max power consumption of 15W
- PMC/XMC form factor
More info: X-ES XPedite5205 Embedded Router (pdf)