Kontron introduced the COMe-cOH2 COM Express compact Computer-on-Modules, which are based on the COM Express type 2 pin-out. The COMe-cOH2 modules are based on the energy efficient AMD Embedded G-Series accelerated processing units (APUs). There are two Kontron COMe-cOH2 variants: COMe-cOH2 T44R and COMe-cOH2 T56N. The COMe-cOH2 T44R features the 1.2 GHz AMD T44R single-core APU, 512 kb cache and AMD Radeon HD6250 GPU. The COMe-cOH2 T56N features the 1.65 GHz dual-core variant AMD T56N APU, AMD Radeon HD6310 graphics core and 2 x 512 kb cache. Both modules support up to 8 GByte of DDR3 RAM via two memory sockets.
The Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Modules COMe-cOH2 provides increased graphics performance to SFF COM Express applications with pin-out type 2, as well as parallel processing capability and low power consumption. OEMs and system developers can also use the new modules as a drop-in replacement to upgrade their existing applications.
The Kontron COMe-cOH2 supports Direct X 11 and OpenGL 4.0. The Kontron COM Express compact Computer-on-Modules COMe-cOH2 also support the Windows OS range, Linux, and VxWorks. The Kontron COMe-cOH2 variants are compliant with the new COM Express specification COM.0 rev. 2.0. In addition, they implement PCI 2.3, 32 bit / 33 MHz plus six Gen 2.0 PCI Express lanes.
Kontron COMe-cOH2 Features
- AMD G-Series Fusion Advanced Processing Unit (APU) up to 2x 1.6GHz
- AMD Fusion Controller Hub (FCH) chipset
- Support for Direct X 11, OpenCL 1.0 and OpenGL 3.2 and 2.1
- Analog VGA (resolution to 2560 x 1600 x 60Hz), Display Port (resolution to 2560 x 1200 x 60 Hz), HDMI / DVI (resolution to 1920 x 1200 x 60 Hz), single channel (18-bit) LVDS
- Intel 82574L Gigabit Ethernet Controller 10/100/1000 Mbit
- COM Express compact: 95 x 95 mm Pin-out Type 6
- 4x SerialATA 3GB/s
- Up to 8 GB, single channel DDR3
- Supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded, Windows CE, Linux, VxWorks, and other operating systems on request
- 6x PCI Express, up to 4 lanes configurable as x4, x2, or x1 (lanes 0-3), up to 2 lanes configurable as x2 or x1 (lanes 4-5)
- Power consumption: 20W (typ.) 4.75V to 18V wide range support
- Up to 8x USB 2.0, up to 2x USB 3.0 (via Renesas uPD720200 PCIe Gen2 to USB 3.0 bridge)
More info: Kontron