Extreme Engineering Solutions introduced the XPort3301 board. The X-ES XPort3301 is a dual 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet XMC module. The XPort3301 is offered in both an air-cooled, commercial version (0 to 55°C) to a rugged, conduction-cooled version (-40 to +85°C). It is ideal for applications requiring cost-effective, high-bandwidth communications such as remote sensor interfacing, traffic aggregation, storage, and data center networks.
The XPort3301 provides very economical 10 Gigabit Ethernet communications over standard Category 6A cables and RJ-45 connectors. It features an eight-lane PCI Express 2.0 XMC interface that provides the bandwidth required to move data at line speed between the dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and the host processor.
X-ES XPort3301 Features
- Intel X540 dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Supports legacy 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T operation
- Front panel or rear I/O
- Dual 10GBASE-T 10GbE front panel (RJ-45) interfaces
- Dual 10GBASE-T 10GbE rear (P16) interfaces
- x8 PCI Express 2.0 interface to the host module per VITA 42.3
- Optional support for IEEE1588 or Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Conduction- or air- cooled versions
- Linux drivers
- VxWorks drivers
- Windows drivers
More info: Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)