ThreadX-Lite RTOS is a new, single-user license that targets the ARM Cortex-M series microcontrollers. The ThreadX-Lite real-time operating system is a subset of ThreadX RTOS and contains many ThreadX features and capabilities. ThreadX-Lite is packaged in a compact object library designed with IAR Systems for use with the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE. The Express Logic ThreadX-Lite is available exclusively through IAR Systems for $4,500 per seat, with no run-time royalties.
ThreadX-Lite is a real-time, priority-based, preemptive scheduling RTOS with services for the use and management of threads, queues, timers, semaphores, event flag groups, byte pools and block pools. It shares the ThreadX API for these services, and applications written using ThreadX-Lite are immediately able to run with ThreadX, should developers desire to upgrade to the full system for maximum functionality and full source code.
ThreadX-Lite executes a context switch on a 100MHz Cortex-M3 processor in less than one microsecond. ThreadX-Lite is a small, easy-to-use, fully supported, well documented, and inexpensive RTOS. ThreadX-Lite targets Cortex-M0, M0+, M3, and M4-based microcontrollers from Atmel, Freescale, Fujitsu, Infineon, NXP, STMicroelectronics, and Texas Instruments. It is an ideal platform for electronic products in the areas of consumer electronics, medical devices, and industrial control.
When used with IAR Embedded Workbench, ThreadX-Lite makes available many run-time development capabilities, including support for Express Logic’s TraceX graphical event-trace tool and extensive RTOS awareness in the IAR C-SPY Debugger.
ThreadX-Lite RTOS Features
- Small-footprint (small as 2KB, automatic scaling)
- Fast execution (sub microsecond context switch)
- Unlimited threads, semaphores, timers, queues, block pools, byte pools, and event flag groups
- Priority-based preemptive scheduling, Round-Robin scheduling, time-slice scheduling
- Supports multiple threads at any priority
- TraceX system analysis support
- Event logging for TraceX
- Downloadable application modules (available as separate purchase)
- Memory protection for downloadable application modules
- Extensive ThreadX ecosystem
- Safety certifications (DO-178B, FDA510(k), IEC61508, etc.)
- Supports Cortex-M0/3/4 and IAR Systems tools