Microchip Technology introduced their Wi-Fi Comm Demo Board. The new product features a Microchip 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller and a low-power MRF24WB0MA agency-certified, IEEE 802.11, embedded Wi-Fi radio transceiver module. The demo board makes it easy to evaluate and integrate the combination of Microchip’s Wi-Fi solutions and 32-bit MCUs in one compact and cost-effective package. Microchip’s Wi-Fi Comm Demo Board is available now for $49.
Microchip is also providing a free and full-featured TCP/IP stack. Microchip’s TCP/IP stack delivers all the key stack layers for a complete Wi-Fi based design. This includes HTML, DHCP, DNS, IPv4/v6, SSL, etc. In combination with the low-power Wi-Fi module and a PIC32 MCU, this stack delivers a highly optimized embedded Wi-Fi solution. The commercial-grade TCP/IP stack can be downloaded now.
The pervasive Wi-Fi infrastructure continues to enable the rapid growth of the embedded “Internet of Things” in an expanding number of applications, such as thermostats, appliances, meters, pumps, security systems and sensors. This expansion includes the owners of existing systems, who want to retrofit and add connectivity without installing wires. Microchip’s Wi-Fi module and TCP/IP stack enable this connectivity for control and communication over the Internet, while its 32-bit PIC32 microcontroller family provides the performance and features to simultaneously process both Wi-Fi communications and a large number of other functions. These functions include audio, graphic displays and touch sensing, and general system command-and-control operations.
Microchip Wi-Fi Comm Demo Board Features
- WiFi solution compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Access Points
- Supports Infrastructure and Ad hoc networks
- MRF24WB0MA module is FCC, IC, Wi-Fi certified and ETSI compliant
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries
- Supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 security protocols
- The board has sensor I/O interface enabling application specific demos
- Includes schematics
- Reference source code
Microchip TCP/IP Stack Features
- Optimized for all PIC18, PIC24, dsPIC and PIC32 families
- Supported Protocols: ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP, FTP, TFTP
- Socket support for TCP and UDP
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- NetBIOS Name Service
- DNS – Domain Name System
- Ethernet Device Discovery
- Support for MPLAB C18, C30, and C32 compilers
More info: Microchip Technology Inc.