Microchip Technology introduced the PIC12F(HV)752 microcontrollers. The new family of 8-bit MCUs feature an integrated Complementary Output Generator (COG) peripheral, 1.75 KB of self read-write program memory, 64B of RAM, an on-chip 10-bit ADC, Capture-Compare PWM modules, high-performance comparators (down to 40ns response), and two 50 mA-capable I/O’s. The PIC12F752 microcontroller is available in 8-pin 3 mm x 3 mm DFN, PDIP and SOIC packages. The MCU is priced at $0.56 each in 10,000-unit quantities. The PIC12FHV752 is available in the same package options for $0.60 each.
The PIC12HV752 MCU includes a shunt regulator that enables operation from 2V to an unspecified user-defined maximum voltage level, with less than 2 mA operation current. This high-voltage variant is ideal for cost-sensitive applications with high-voltage power rails. In addition, the 4-channel, 10-bit ADC can be used to implement various sensors and mTouch sensing applications, including capacitive touch.
The Microchip PIC12F(HV)752′s COG peripheral provides non-overlapping, complementary waveforms for inputs such as comparators and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) peripherals, while enabling dead-band control, auto shutdown, auto reset, phase control and blanking control.
Microchip PIC12F(HV)752 MCU Features
- Flash program memory with self read/write capability
- 64B of RAM
- Mid-range core, internal 8MHz oscillator
- Two high speed analog comparators (20ns)
- Capture-Compare-PWM (CCP)
- Four 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) with voltage reference
- Dual range 5-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- Complementary Output Generator (COG): Complementary Waveforms from selectable sources
- Watchdog Timer (WDT)
- Power-On/Off-Reset, Brown-Out Reset (BOR)
- In Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP)
- High current source/sink: 2 pins with 50 mA I/O, 4 pins with 25 mA I/O
- Wide operating voltage of PIC12F752 variant (2.0V – 5.5V)
- High voltage PIC12HV752 variant (2.0V – user defined) with internal shunt regulator
More info: Microchip Technology Inc.