VIA Technologies introduced their COMe-8X90 module. The VIA COMe-8X90 board features a 1.2GHz VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor, VIA VX900H media system processor (MSP), two SATA II ports, GigaLAN port, two memory slots (up to 8GB of SODIMM DDR3 RAM), USB client port, four USB 2.0 ports, SDIO, expansion buses (PCIe X4 and PCIe x1), and the VIA Labs VL800 USB 3.0 host controller. The COMe-8X90 Computer-on-Module is ideal for medical, advanced gaming, industrial automation and digital signage applications.
The VIA COMe-8X90 module is available in the industry standard COM Express form factor of 95mm x 125mm. The board features the VIA ChromotionHD 2.0 video engine, which offers hardware acceleration for MPEG-4, H.264, MPEG-2, VC-1, WMV and Blu-ray. It supports smooth playback of multimedia titles at resolutions up to 1080p. The VIA COMe-8X90 module also supports 18/24-bit single-channel LVDS, VGA, Display Port and HDMI.
VIA COMe-8X90 COM Express Module Features
- 1.2GHz VIA 64-bit Nano X2 E-Series dual core processor
- VIA VX900H MSP
- Supports two DDR3 SODIMM sockets, up to 8GB memory size
- Integrated VIA Chrome9 HD DX9 3D/2D graphics with VC1, MPEG-2, WMV9 and H.264 decoding acceleration
- One 4-lane PCIe and one 1-lane PCIe expansion
- Supports two SATA ports (3Gbps)
- Display interface in CRT, 18/24-bit single-channel LVDS panel, one DP port and one HDMI port
- Supports one Gigabit Ethernet on module
- Includes one USB client port (shared with one of four USB 2.0 ports) and four USB 3.0 ports
- Measures 95mm x 125mm
- COM Express form factor
- Targets industrial PC and large OEM customers focused on dynamic application segments, including medical, advanced gaming, industrial automation and digital signage
More info: VIA Technologies, Inc.