ACCES I/O Products introduced the USB-104-HUB, which is a rugged, industrial-strength 4-port USB hub. The OEM version of the USB-104-HUB (board only) is PC/104 sized and can easily be installed in new or existing PC/104-based systems. The small form factor embedded product makes it easy to add additional USB-based I/O to embedded systems or to connect peripherals such as external hard drives, keyboards, GPS, wireless and more. The ACCES I/O USB-104-HUB is ideal for industrial automation, embedded OEM, laboratory, kiosk, transportation, automotive, military, and government applications. Prices start at $164.
The USB-104-HUB features extended temperature operation (-40°C to 85°C), high retention USB connectors, and an industrial steel enclosure for shock and vibration mitigation. It is compatible with high-speed USB 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0. Each of the four downstream ports are capable of high speed (480Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps), and low-speed (1.5Mbps) data transfers. The industrial port hub can be bus powered or self powered. Mounting provisions include DIN rail, 3.5″ front panel drive bay mounting, and various panel mounting plates.
The OEM (board only) version is ideal for a variety of embedded applications. The PCB size and pre-drilled mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). The USB-104-HUB board can be added to any PC/104-based stack by connecting it to a USB port usually included on-board with embedded CPU form factors such as EBX, EPIC, and PC/104. The USB-104-HUB OEM board can also be installed using standoffs inside other enclosures or systems. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional micro-fit USB input header is provided in parallel with the type B connector.
ACCES I/O Products USB-104-HUB Features
- Rugged, industrialized, four-port USB hub
- High-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 and 1.1 compatible
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to +85°C)
- Data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Supports bus powered and self-powered modes
- Three power input connectors (power jack, screw terminals, or 3.5″ drive Berg power connector)
- LED status indicators for power and overcurrent fault conditions for each downstream port
- USB/104 form-factor for OEM embedded applications
- OEM version (board only) features PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Includes micro-fit embedded USB header connectors in parallel with all standard USB connectors
- Industrial grade USB connectors feature high-retention design
- Small (4″ x 4″ x 1″), low profile, steel enclosure
- 3.5″ front panel drive bay mounting provision
More info: ACCES I/O Products, Inc.