E-con Systems introduced the e-CAM52_35x camera daughter card. The e-con e-CAM52_35x plugs directly onto the Digital Video port (DVP) interface of the DM3730 processor available on the DM3730 EVM board from Texas instruments. The e-CAM52_35x daughter card features the e-CAM52_5640_MOD 5 Megapixel camera module based on OmniVision OV5640 HD CMOS Image sensor. The e-CAM52_35x daughter card is ideal for OCR, barcode readers, digital still cameras, and document visualizers. An evaluation kit will be available next month.
The OmniVision OV5640 image sensor has an integrated ISP inside it. The sensor’s automatic image control functions include automatic exposure control (AEC), automatic white balance (AWB), automatic band filter (ABF), 50/60Hz automatic luminance detection and automatic black level calibration (ABLC). The image sensor can stream 720p at 30fps using DVP interface.
e-CAM52_35x Camera Daughter Card Features
- 5.0 MP auto focus image sensor
- Plugs into the 26 pin connector on the TI’s OMAP3530 EVM board and the DM3730 EVM boards
- Windows CE 6.0, Linux, Android (under development) camera driver
- Sample application for video and image capture
- Board size: 43.18mm X 58.61mm (w x l)
e-CAM52_5640_MOD Camera Module Features
- Omnivision OV5640 image sensor
- Auto focus
- Maximum image transfer rate: VGA @ 55 fps, 720p @ 30 fps, 5MP @ 10 fps (needs special driver, default is 5-7 fps)
- View angle: 70° diagonal
- Output format: RAW RGB, RGB565/555/444, YUV4:2:2/4:2:0, YCbCr422, and compression
- Object distance – 10 CM to infinity
- Temperature range: -30° to 70° C operation, 0° to 50° C stable image
- Power requirements: 140mA active, 20 µA standby
- Max S/N ratio: 36 dB
- Lens size: 1/4″
- RoHS compliant
- Module size: 8.5mm X 8.5mm X 5.15mm
- Dynamic range: 68 dB
More info: e-con Systems Inc.