Texas Instruments introduced their MSP430F673x/F672x ultra-low-power 16-bit microcontroller family. There are 24 MCUs in the TI F673x/F672x family. The MSP430F673x/F672x microcontrollers guarantee no interruption of operation through a backup capable microcontroller supporting real-time clock (RTC) operation and power management from the main power supply and up to two separate auxiliary supplies. The new Texas Instruments devices are immediately now. Prices start at $2.00 for 1K-units.
The TI MSP430F67xx series are microcontroller configurations with three high-performance 24-bit sigma-delta A/D converters, a 10-bit analog-to-digital (A/D) converter, four enhanced universal serial communication interfaces (three eUSCI_A and one eUSCI_B), four 16-bit timers, hardware multiplier, DMA, real-time clock module with alarm capabilities, LCD driver with integrated contrast control, auxiliary supply system, and up to 72 I/O pins in 100-pin devices and 52 I/O pins in 80-pin devices.
TI’s free MSP430 Energy Library is available to support metrology software on the new F673x/F672x devices. Developers can test and experience accuracy results with the MSP430F6736 EVM, a single-phase electricity meter as well as program and debug F673x/F672x devices with the MSP-TS430PZ100B target board and MSP-FET430U100B flash emulation tool. The MSP-TS430PZ100B target board is available for $75 and the MSP-FET430U100B flash emulation tool is available for $149.
TI F673x/F672x MCU Features
- Low supply voltage range: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Wake-up from standby mode in 3µs (typical)
- 16-bit RISC architecture, extended memory, up to 25-MHz system clock
- Flexible power management system
- Unified clock system
- 16-bit timer with three capture/compare registers
- Three 16-bit timers with two capture/compare registers each
- Enhanced universal serial communication interfaces
- Password-protected real-time clock with crystal offset calibration and temperature compensation
- Separate voltage supply for backup subsystem
- Three 24-bit sigma-delta analog-to-digital (A/D) converters with differential PGA inputs
- Integrated LCD driver with contrast control for up to 320 segments in 8-mux mode
- Hardware multiplier supports 32-bit operations
- 10-Bit 200-ksps A/D converter
- Three-channel internal DMA
- Serial onboard programming, no external programming voltage needed
- Available in 100-pin and 80-pin LQFP packages
More info: Texas Instruments Incorporated