ADLINK Technology recently introduced their EOS-1200 embedded vision system. The EOS-1200 supports the second generation Intel Core i7 quad core processor and the IEEE 1588 precise time protocol. The embedded system features four independent gigabit power over Ethernet (PoE) ports, data transfer rates up to 4.0 Gb/s, four serial ports, two USB 3.0 ports, 32 PNP/NPN isolated digital I/Os, two SATA interface, CFAST slot, internal USB port, and 1 kbit programmable EEPROM. The EOS-1200 is available now. Prices start at $1885. The system is ideal for multi-camera imaging applications like factory automation and food and packaging inspection.
The ADLINK EOS-1200 supports IEEE 1588 PTP technology, providing a software trigger-mode that empowers multi-camera synchronized captures. By combining IEEE 1588 and PoE support, only a single Ethernet cable is needed to deliver power supply, data transfer, and data synchronization. This reduces maintenance burdens and total cost of ownership.
The EOS-1200 embedded vision system provides smart PoE function. The application programming interface (API) enables users to program power status easily — especially when cameras are idle. The EOS-1200 also includes auto-detection to ensure compatibility with both PoE and conventional non-PoE devices. The ADLINK EOS-1200 is simple to integrate and deploy. It provides management with copy protection and software license authentication for system development. The embedded vision system supports Windows 7/XP and Embedded standard 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions).
ADLINK EOS-1200 Embedded System Features
- Embedded Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz / Intel Core i7 2.1 GHz CPU
- Intel QM67 Express chipset
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 of system memory
- Up to 4-CH Gigabit PoE (power over Ethernet), 4.0 Gb/s
- VGA + DVI-D output by DVI-I connector, up to QXGA (2048 x 1536) resolution
- Four USB 2.0 port
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- AC97 audio, mic in/speaker out
- Two software-programmable RS-232/422/485 (COM1 and COM2), two RS-232 (COM3 and COM4)
- Internal USB port and 1Kbit EEPROM
- RAID system (dual 2.5″ SATA interface)
- CFAST slot
- Supports IEEE 1588, PTP technology
- IEEE 802.3af compliant, total max. power output 32W
- Support for wall and DIN rail mounting (optional)
- Optional 16-CH isolated digital input and output, PNP/NPN type
- PS/2 type mini-DIN connectors for keyboard/mouse
- Dimensions: 230 (W) x 206 (D) x 82 (H) mm (9 x 8.3 x 3.2 inch)
- Power consumption: 110 W (with 4 GB DDRAM and 4 GB CFAST)
More info: ADLINK Technology