Microchip Technology introduced the 16-bit eXtreme PIC24F32KA304 PIC microcontrollers. The PIC24F32KA304 MCU family features an on-chip 12-bit ADC, EEPROM, intelligent mTouch capacitive sensing, 5V supply support, and sleep currents down to 20 nA. The Microchip microcontrollers are ideal for industrial, automotive, medical, utility metering, and white goods applications. Samples and volume production quantities are available now.
Microchip eXtreme PIC24F32KA304 PIC MCU Family
- On-chip 12-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Intelligent mTouch capacitive sensing
- Full analog performance up to 5V
- Eliminates the need for discrete voltage regulators
- Extremely low sleep currents down to 20 nA
- Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU) that performs automated scan in sleep mode
- Twice as much Flash program memory and 30% more RAM (compared to PIC24F16KA microcontrollers)
- Numbers of timers and Pulse-Width Modulators were tripled (compared to PIC24F16KA)
- Doubled the numbers of UART, I2C and SPI channels (compared to PIC24F16KA)
- ADC resolution quadrupled (compared to PIC24F16KA)
- Pin count increased to 44-pins (compared to PIC24F16KA)
The PIC24F(FV)32KA304 MCU is available in 44-pin TQFP and 8 mm x 8 mm QFN packages, and a 48-pin 6 mm x 6 mm UQFN package. The PIC24F(FV)32KA302 MCU is available in 28-pin SOIC, SSOP, SPDIP and 6 mm x 6 mm QFN packages. The lowest pin-count options include the PIC24F(FV)16KA301 MCUs, which are available in 20-pin PDIP, SOIC and SSOP packages. The PIC24FXXKA3XX products operate from 1.8 to 3.6V, while PIC24FVXXKA3XX versions operate from 2 to 5V. Pricing starts at $1.78 each, in 10,000-unit quantities.
More info: Microchip Technology