ACCES I/O Products introduced the PCIe-COM family of PCI Express serial communication cards. PCIe-COM features both DB9 and RJ45 connectivity and a selection of 8, 4, or 2-ports of software selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 serial protocols. The serial communication cards include a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot. Prices range from $179 to $549, depending on model. The PCIe-COM is ideal for retail, hospitality, automation, gaming, defense, point of sale, and kiosk systems.
ACCES PCIe-COM Serial Communication Cards Features
- 8, 4, and 2-port PCI Express serial communication cards (20 models to choose from)
- Software selectable RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 protocols, per port
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- Supports data communication speeds up to 3 Mbps simultaneously (RS-232 up to 921.6 kbps)
- +/- 15kV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- On-board industry-standard DB9M or RJ45 connectivity (3′ DB9M breakout cable also available)
- 9-bit data mode and RS-485 full-duplex (4-wire) fully supported
- RS-232 only versions and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) available
Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data communication rates up to 921.6 kbps and implement full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. RS-422 and RS-485 modes support data communication speeds up to 3 Mbps. Existing serial peripherals can connect directly to industry standard DB9M or RJ45 connectors which are provided on-board each card or via a breakout cable.
The PCIe-COM family was designed using type 16C950 UARTS and use 128-byte transmit/receive FIFO buffers to decrease CPU loading and protect against lost data in multitasking systems. New systems can continue to use legacy serial peripherals, yet benefit from the use of the high performance PCI Express bus. The cards are fully software compatible with current PCI 16550 type UART applications and allow for users to maintain backward compatibility.
More info: ACCES I/O Products