Emerson Network Power introduced the ATCA-F140 40G AdvancedTCA (ATCA) switch blade. The ATCA-F140 40G switch blade features high bandwidth, high performance, and flexibility. The ATCA-F140 offers 1G, 10G and 40G fabric switching interfaces for backwards compatibility with existing payload blades, while enabling the maximum ATCA fabric bandwidth to meet the needs of the most data-intensive applications, including 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks. The ATCA-F140 switch blade will also be available integrated within the latest release of Emerson Network Power’s 40G-ready platform core, the Centellis 4440, R2.0.
ATCA-F140 Switch Blade Features
- Freescale QorIQ P2020 onboard service processor
- PICMG 3.0 compliant base interface switch
- PICMG 3.1, Option 1, 9 fabric interface switch (1G/10G)
- PICMG 3.1, R2 (4x 10Base-KR) fabric interface (40G)
- Single AMC site
- Optional SATA HDD
- Option Telecom clock functions
- Integrated software package
- Designed for NEBS/ETSI compliance
- Optional Basic Blade Services (BBS) software package
The ATCA-F140 is designed for NEBS and ETSI compliance to help reduce development costs and accelerate time-to-market. It also allows optional functions to be combined on a single blade, including telecom clock generation and distribution, SATA-based hard disk drive (HDDs), and an AdvancedMC (AMC) site for general processing and/or packet processing functions. This combination of functions onto a single blade enables telecom equipment manufacturers to fill available slots with revenue-generating application blades.
More info: Emerson Network Power ATCA-F140 40G AdvancedTCA Switch Blade (pdf)