Kontron ThinkIO-Solo Embedded IPC and Debian Linux Desktop Distribution
Kontron introduced the ThinkIO-Solo embedded IPC and the Debian Linux desktop distribution for the Kontron ThinkIO-Duo/-Solo. The Kontron embedded IPC ThinkIO-Solo features an Intel Celeron M processor clocked at 1.06 GHz, 1 GB RAM, up to 4 GB soldered internal flash and 512KB non-volatile memory. The Kontron ThinkIO-Solo will be in production by the third quarter. The Linux Desktop distribution is available now.
Kontron ThinkIO-Solo Embedded IPC Features
- Scaleable up Intel Core Duo fanless
- Ultra compact: 224 mm x 100 mm x 70 mm
- Fast onboard IO
- Profinet RT, Profibus DP, CANOpen
- Modular-I/O option
- 2xGBit, 2xUSB 2.0, RS232 and DVI-I
- up to 1 GB RAM, 4 GB Flash soldered
- 512kB retain memory
- Embedded realtime Linux, Windows XP embedded
- Maintenance free
- Aluminium housing
- Compact flash socket
- Field bus options
- Enables remote access
- Interrupt capable onboard inputs can be used to trigger a rapid response to events
- Watchdog timer and real-time clock are included
Debian Linux Desktop Distribution
The new Debian desktop distribution, specifically tailored to the Kontron ThinkIO, includes a PC interface that enables faster development time. Along with the easy integration of existing software, the user-friendly interfaces help improve customer time to market. Packet-management software for easy upgrading and version control is also included. The new Debian desktop distribution, in addition to Windows XP Embedded and real-time Linux cross compile package, give engineers more software options for higher flexibility.
More info: Kontron
If you are familiar with RSS feeds, you can also sign up for our free blog feed. Our RSS feed is updated in real-time while our newsletter is updated daily.