Analog Devices rolled out the SHARC 2148x and SHARC 2147x series of 32-bit floating point digital signal processors. SHARC 2148x series processors are available in a range of package options including 176-ld and 100-ld LQFP packages, with pricing starting at $8.20. SHARC 2147x series processors are available in package options including 12x12mm BGA and a 14x14mm LQFP, with pricing starting at $7.85. Processors are sampling today.
SHARC 2148x and SHARC 2147x Features
- Dedicated hardware accelerators with independent compute units and DMA memory mapping
- Executes FFT/FIR/IIR signal processing operations in the background
- Memory usage is optimized via Variable Instruction Set Architecture (VISA) support
- 5Mb on-chip memory for single-chip design solutions
- High performance SHARC 2148x delivers up to 33% more performance than competing 32-bit floating point processors
- Low power SHARC 2147x, at 363mW power (typical use-case), consumes up to 20% less power than competing processors
- Fully code compatible with previous generations of SHARC processors
- Delivers optimal balance of performance and price with up to 5Mb of integrated memory
- Provides single-chip, floating point signal processing precision to a wide range of applications
- Applications in HD audio and home theaters, automotive, portable medical devices, and industrial
SHARC 2148x Digital Signal Processors
Formerly reserved for specialized systems with board space to accommodate multiple processors and off-chip memory, floating point processing is now more accessible and affordable for designers looking to bring high-end processing power to mass market applications. SHARC 2148x series processors deliver up to 33% greater performance (400MHz) and up to 250% more on-chip memory (5Mb) than competing 32-bit floating point DSPs, distinguishing the SHARC 2148x series as the processors of choice for high definition (HD) audio and home theater applications, as well as advanced industrial applications requiring single-chip, floating point precision at a low price point.
SHARC 2147x Digital Signal Processors
Designers of portable and/or battery-powered systems are now better equipped than ever to leverage floating point processing precision without compromising system power budgets, board space, or component costs. For portable devices and applications like advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) that require floating point processing precision with low power consumption and high environmental tolerance, new 12x12mm SHARC 2147x series processors consume only 363 mW power (typical use-case) – up to 20% less power than competing processors – and deliver performance up to 266MHz with up to 5 Mb on-chip memory to provide more performance and memory integration per square millimeter than any other competing floating point DSP.
More info: Analog Devices