STMicroelectronics announced the STM6600 and STM6601 smart pushbutton on/off controller chips for battery-powered embedded systems like e-readers, tablets, media players, smartphones, and digital cameras. The STM6600 and STM6601 on/off controller chips will enable next-generation mobile products to offer easy-to-use ‘power-up’, ‘power-down’ and ‘unfreeze/reset’ functions that will prevent damage to the end-user product. The STM6600 and STM6601 are in volume production now. Several configurations are available, allowing designers to optimize protection for their designs, priced from $0.65 in quantities of 10,000.
STMicroelectronics STM6600 and STM6601 Features
- Operating voltage 1.6 V to 5.5 V
- Low standby current of 1 µA
- Adjustable smart reset assertion delay time driven by external CSRD
- Power-up duration determined primarily by push-button press (STM6600) or by fixed time period, tON_BLANK (STM6601)
- Debounced PB and SR inputs
- PB and SR ESD inputs withstand voltage up to ±15 kV (air discharge) ±8 kV (contact discharge)
- Active high or active low enable output option (EN or EN) provides control of MOSFET, DC-DC converter, regulator, etc.
- Secure startup, interrupt, smart reset or power down driven by push-button
- Precise 1.5 V voltage reference with 1% accuracy
- Industrial operating temperature –40 to +85 °C
- Available in TDFN12 2 x 3 mm package
More info: STMicroelectronics