Wind River introduced VxWorks 653 Platform, version 2.3. The latest release of VxWorks 653 features board support packages (BSPs) for the Curtiss-Wright Controls VPX6-185 and the Wind River SBC8641D boards. The RTOS extends hardware support to Intel 32-bit processor architectures, including a BSP for the GE Intelligent Platforms V7768 board. VxWorks 653 Platform now also provides a new power-fail safe DO-178B file system. The real-time operating system for controlling complex, safety-critical ARINC 653 Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems is available now.
Wind River VxWorks 653 Platform
- Hardware support for Power Architecture (PowerPC) broadened to include a BSP for the Curtiss-Wright Controls VPX6-185 MPC8641D-based board.
- Hardware support extended to Intel 32-bit processor architectures, specifically for Intel Core 2 and Celeron processors, with BSP support for the GE Intelligent Platforms V7768 board.
- DO-178B File System, a power-fail safe file system ready for use in systems requiring DO-178B Level A certification. It can be used from every application partition in an IMA system, and is supported by a range of devices. The file system is an optional, add-on component, further enhancing the development capabilities of VxWorks 653 for customers and increasing their development efficiency.
- Advanced project and workflow support in Wind River Workbench that improves the ease of usability of VxWorks 653 for customers when creating, configuring and building time- and space-partitioned VxWorks 653 projects.
- Improved DO-178B Network Stack support, through the inclusion of TCP, IGMPv1, and multicast support with the UDP/IPv4 network stack.
VxWorks 653 is an ARINC 653, real-time operating system for safety-critical Integrated Modular Avionics platforms, used in over 180 subsystems by over 100 customers worldwide for more than 40 airframes, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. VxWorks 653 implements a strict two-level time and space scheduling and separation environment that supports the deployment of applications at different DO-178B safety levels on a single instance of silicon with very high performance and very low jitter. VxWorks 653 also includes DO-178B qualified development tools that allow the rapid insertion of new software modules into a shared avionics platform without forcing a re-test of the entire environment, enabling high levels of integration and system refresh.
More info: Wind River VxWorks 653 Platform