MatrikonOPC introduced the OPC Server for IEC 61850 protocol. The MatrikonOPC Server for IEC 61850 supports all IEC 61850 compliant devices. It enables users to integrate these devices to the other automation components in the enterprise such as HMIs, Historians, and ERP. The MatrikonOPC Server for IEC 61850 is ideal for smart grid applications. The MatrikonOPC Server for IEC 61850 is priced at $1,494 (USD).
MatrikonOPC Server for IEC 61850 Overview
- Supports IEC 61850 7-2 (ACSI), 7-3, 7-4, and 8-1(SCSM)
- Supports all IEC-61850 logical device, logical nodes, and Data attributes
- Supports unsolicited report-by-exception messaging using IEC61850 buffered and un-buffered reports
- Supports offline configuration (SCL files, IEC61850 parts 6-1)
- Supports browsing of entire PLC data address space
- Easily configured by importing SCL Schema file into the server in two steps
- XML technology for saving configuration files
- Interoperable with HMI and Historians systems such as Citect, OSIsoft PI and any OPC client application
- Multiple communication channels at the same time for IEC 61850 Ethernet access (TCP/IP)
- Channel redundancy with multiple devices
IEC 61850 is the international standard for substation automation engineering systems. It defines the communication between substation devices such as IEC 61850 compliant RTU, IED (Intelligent Electronic Device), PLC, meter, transducer, relay, and the related distributed generation systems. The IEC 61850 standard is designed for the protection, control and monitoring of substation information, information exchange and configuration.
More info: MatrikonOPC