ZMDI announced the ZSSC3053, which is a pure differential sensor signal conditioner (SSC) for high-accuracy amplification and sensor-specific correction of millivolt-level DC sensor signals. According to ZMDI, the ZSSC3053 offers the highest sensor accuracy at low cost. The chip is adjustable to nearly all resistive bridge sensor types. It is ideal for microcontroller-based sensor systems in industrial, medical, consumer and white goods applications for measuring pressure, temperature, linear position, force and load.
The ZSSC3053 comes in a TSSOP14 package and is priced at $1.89 in volumes of 100 pieces. Volume production is planned for the second quarter with engineering samples available now.
ZMDI ZSSC3053 Sensor Signal Conditioner Features
- Sensitive, accurate amplification
- Compatible with nearly all resistive sensor elements and millivolt-level sources
- Supports the I2C and SPI standard digital interfaces with a very low number of discrete external parts
- In I2C mode, the ZSSC3053 offers two additional switch outputs
- Single pass one-shot calibration
- Reduces the overall bill of materials as well as manufacturing costs and shortens time-to-market
- Operates on a voltage range of 2.7 to 5.5 volts
- Temperature range of -25°C to +85°C
- 15-bit precision, and accuracy is +/-0.1% of full scale over the full temperature range
More info: ZMDI