American Portwell Technology introduced the CAR-5000 network appliance. The CAR-5000 is optimized for the new quad-core Intel Xeon processor C5500 series paired with the Intel 3420 chipset. The CAR-5000 is ideal for high performance networking applications, such as UTM, IPS, IDS, anti-virus, firewall, VPN, and content filtering.
Portwell CAR-5000 Network Appliance Features
- Intel Xeon C5500/C3500 processors with integrated Gen 2.0 PCIe
- Support DDR3 1333/1066/800 UDIMMs or RDIMMs, up to 48 GB
- Up to 26 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Three front access PCIe expansion slots (optional)
- 500W Redundant ATX PSU
- Ready for PCIe2.0 5GT/s solution
The Portwell CAR-5000 server grade network appliance features a 2U rack mount chassis, dual sockets for the Intel Xeon processors (with an integrated PCI Express 2.0 and memory controller), high-speed Intel QuickPath Interconnect technology between the two processors, and twelve DDR3 memory DIMMs (support up to 96 GB system memory). The CAR-5000 also features Intel Turbo Boost, Virtualization, and Hyper-Threading Technologies.
More information: American Portwell CAR-5000 (pdf)